NEW RANGE OF PRODUCTS IN TERMOPLASTI
Silicone coated films
Siliconizing means coating material with a thin layer of silicone polymer material.
Respecting all technological process available we use UV free radical mechanism of siliconization. Silicone is 100% crosslinked by UV radiation, with addition of photoinitiators in an inert atmosphere of nitrogen. These initiators are split under the influence of UV radiation into radicals and with this curing process is initiated. After film passes through UV lams, the silicone is completely cured. There is no post curing.
UV free radical siliconization is especially suitable for temperature-sensitive materials, like polyethylene or polypropylene.
For the manufacture of siliconized materials we use 5-roller-coater, which applies the silicon in a very thin layer on a substrate. Normally application of the silicone varies from 0,6 to 1,3 g/m2.
Materials which can be used:
- polyethylene (PE),
- polypropylene (PP),
- polyethylene terephtalate (PET),
- amorphous polyethylene teraphtalate (APET) and
Width of siliconizing: from 1000 mm to 1450 mm
Film thickness: 20-200 microns
Film colours: wide range of colours
- 1-side siliconized film – release values according to the needs of customer ,
- 2-side siliconized film – differential release values.
- embossing (rhomb, diamond and textile),
- printing (max. 8 colours),
The applications of siliconized films are the following:
- self-adhesive foil laminates as a carrier - "liner" for labels;
- protection of adhesive coated insulating materials;
- self-adhesive printed labels or »linerless« labels - the trend in the world;
- thermal labels without support, siliconized paper;
- asphaltic coated roofing underlayment - protects self-adhesive roofing membrane for waterproofing as well as foundation wrap;
- window seal - products self-adhesive tape for air and moisture barrier around window frames;
- pipe wrap tape - protects self-adhesive tape for concrete joint sealant;
- flashing tape - protects self-adhesive tape for air and moisture barrier on roof angles and joists;
- pressure sensitive polystyrene used in packaging;
- expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam.
The silicone coating quality is checked by following methods:
- coverage of substrate with microscope,
- silicone weight measurement with X-ray analysis,
- Release forces and subsequent adhesion test are performed according to FINAT standards (FTM3, FTM 4, FTM 10 and FTM 11).